Monday, July 20, 2009

MARINE LIFE AT MABUL - PART 1

This is my second favorite Nudibranch called the THECACERA Nudibranch. Also known as PIKACHU =P I still can't believe I saw it!!! It has the Bunny Ears but not as long as the other THECACERA Nudie with much longer bunny ears with more patterns on it. Nevertheless, this is one of the top fav Nudibranches among Divers & I'm so lucky to see one! Its Beautiful! I love Nudibranches so for me to see this one its already a great moment for me.
-AA-

The CHROMODORIS MAGNIFA Nudibranch.
-AA-

Juvenile Yellow Boxfish. So popular among Divers I tell ya.
-AA-

HALGERDA MALESSO Nudibranch. Very interesting I have to say. Hehe! My first time seeing this one. I managed to see quite a lot of new Nudie's this trip.
-AA-

NOTODORIS CITRINA Nudibranch. Also first time seeing this one.
-AA-

POPCORN SHRIMP. I have to say they really do look like Popcorns :D
-AA-

MALE ORNATE GHOST PIPEFISH.
-AA-
MALE ORNATE GHOST PIPEFISH.
-AA-

The very cute PINK & PURPLE SQUAT LOBSTER. Such funny looking fellas I tell ya. Their hangout spot are the sponges. Lookout for them aight!
-AA-

The very cute PINK & PURPLE SQUAT LOBSTER.
-AA-

OCTOPUS in a very tiny hole.
-AA-

The ever curious JUVENILE BATFISH. My first time seeing this guys. So curious that everytime you put out your fingers towards them.. they actually come check you out.
-AA-

JUVENILE SWEETLIPS. Very shy fellas I have to say. Gotta be patient to get a picture.
-AA-

NUDIBRANCH laying eggs.
-AA-

BABY CUTTLEFISH. I was looking at some Toby fishes but suddenly I saw this cute little fella chilling on the rock trying to camouflage itself. First time seeone a baby cuttlefish.
-AA-

TOBY. These fellas can be as difficult as the Juvenile Yellow Boxfishes when it comes to picture taking. Nevertheless still very cute.
-AA-

Camouflaged BEARDED SCORPION FISH.
-AA-

NEMBROTHA KURBAYANA Nudibranch. They look like Brocolli vege. Hehe!
-AA-


The GIANT GROUPER. This species is the largest of them Groupers. This fella was full grown about 7 feet in length. Huge ass fella I have to say. Normally groupers are very shy fellas but not this guy. I have to admit I got a lil scared when I was tryin to take a close up picture of it & it turned towards me. Hmm..
-AA-

No comments: