Wednesday, March 11, 2009

An Experience

On February 27th, 2009 I was given an opportunity to become Sound & Lights Manager for The Malaysian International Dance Championship (Open to the World) held at Genting Highlands City of Entertainment.

Me as Sound & Lights manager for World Class Ballroom & Latin Dancing.. what the? I know nothing about that. On that day I found out I needed to focus more on the sound part rather than lights. My job was to play the right songs for every single event from 9am till 00:30am. So intense I tell ya coz you can't make a mistake especially for the main event where all the International dancers perform. We have the song list though but you gotta be really organized.

The top 10 Ballroom & Latin dancers in the world were present except the world no. 1 latin couple. The no. 2 in the world latin dancers won that nights dance championship. They are so darn good you have no idea. And because I had an ALL EXCESS pass, I managed to go right up to the dance floor to take pictures while they were performing. Guys, if you think you are Man, trust me they are more man than us. The No. 2 in the world male dancer is freakin Macho! He's got style on the dance floor and even in coffee bean the night before the event. Those fellas have got style wherever they are yo. Coffee Bean the fella is like wearing Armani and other brands from head to toe. Women dancers Sexy as hell! No words can describe it. We Malaysians have got a lot of catching up to do in terms of fashion & style.

I managed to get through the main event without making a mistake by playing the wrong music. I did everything on time & played the right song for the right dance at the right time. I have to give myself a lot of credit on this one coz really I could not go anywhere out of the sound booth for like 18 hours straight.

But I also have to thank ATSY & her dad coz they stood by me to make sure I don't make a mistake and that I understood everything that has to be done as Sound manager. ATSY's dad has lotsa experience in organizing large events like this one so its a good thing to have one of the main Organizers / Stage Manager to help me get through the event. Special thanks to ATSY for giving me this opportunity to participate in such a huge event. Can you believe what would have happen to me if I had played the Waltz if they were gonna dance the Samba or the Cha Cha Cha song for a PasoDoble dance on NATIONAL TV / Astro?
-AA-

No comments: